Ministries of First Baptist Church
Church Calendar Ministry (Coordinator: Alma Peay)
The purpose of the Calendar Ministry is to set dates and plan for our traditional church-wide celebrations.
Deacons Ministry (President: Charlie Wall)
Deaconess Ministry (President: Julia Smith)
Flower Ministry (Directors: Sherlane Hill and Marilyn Hanner)
Health and Wellness Ministry (Coordinators: Fontaine Graham and Debra Norwood)
- The mission of the First Baptist Church Health and Wellness Ministry is to empower members/people
to improve the health of its congregation and community.
- To promote the physical, mental and spiritual health of the congregation and community by giving total
glory to God.
Meeting information: Every three months on the fourth Sunday, immediately following morning service.
Kids for Christ (President: Rod Warren)
Men’s Ministry (President: Linwood Jerald)
Lay Caregivers Ministry (Coordinator: Malissa Dance)
The ministry was formed to maintain the bond of fellowship between our shut-ins and the church.
The Caregivers meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:00 P.M. (except July and August).
Music and Arts Ministry (Minister of Music: Derensky Cooper)
Senior Adult Ministry (Chair: Ollie Tatum, Co-chair: Edith Bailey)
The Senior Adult Ministry seeks to increase the quality of life for senior adults (55+) through service, recreation, and activities pertinent to the needs of senior adults.
Meeting Information: the first Thursday of each month at 10:30 A.M. in the Family Life Center.
Sunday School (Superintendent: Charlie Wall)
Trustee Ministry (President: Dexter Felder)
Usher Board (President: William Holloway)
Ushers make members and visitors feel comfortable and welcomed to church services. They assist the pastor and promote worship through their courtesy and attentiveness.
- Male ushers serve on the first and third Sundays.
- Women usher on the fourth and fifth Sundays.
- Youth ushers serve on second Sunday.
Meeting Information: The first Saturday of every month at 10:00 A.M. in the Smith Chapel, with vacation in July and August. We welcome new members!
Women’s Ministry (Coordinator: Wyrine Dorris)
- The Women’s Ministry was established in 1997 as a teaching and prayer ministry, and over the years has held spiritual retreats, studied books, sponsored discussions covering numerous health issues, participated in exercise programs, hosted Women’s conferences and spiritual development sessions. The ministry has provided many opportunities for women to explore, confront, learn, and celebrate their being an integral part of the body of Christ.
- The Women’s Ministry continues to host monthly meetings exploring topics pertinent to women’s physical and spiritual well-being.
Meeting Information: The Women’s Ministry meets on the second Saturday of each month at 10:00 A.M. in the JC White Lounge when a program is planned.
Youth Ministry and Children’s Ministry (Co-chairs: Tandeka Boko and Elder Gary Williams)
Our mission is to provide Christian educational language, activities and other opportunities that allow God’s adults to reach, teach and communicate with God’s youth.
Meeting Information: The first Sunday in February, May, August and November after Sunday morning worship in JC White Lounge.